Chatelaine calls Ami "One of Canada's top five designers because she doesn't follow the trends, she sets them". Designing is an organic, holistic process for Ami. It starts with a conversation centered on your wish list: your wants and needs, your tastes, your budget, and your vision for the project. Ami listens carefully, with a view to seeing the very best in you, and celebrating who you are, and your purpose for the space throughout the design process. She blends periods and styles and adds her own subtle sense of whimsy to create a fresh and innovative space you will cherish for years to come.
Ami McKay's intense passion for design lies in creating gorgeous, healthy spaces, marrying art, function, and form into one seamless whole. There is a PURE solution for every project, whether it's a residence, an office, a restaurant, hotel, or retail space, and thanks to Ami's gift for getting to the heart of what you truly need, your happiness and satisfaction is assured.
You're unique and distinctive. Your environment should reflect that, and it should make you feel happy every time you enter. PURE celebrates the best in you with designs that enhance your truly exceptional self.
- Ami is short listed for Western Living Magazine's Designer of the year award. To be announced September 2015
- PURE bedding has teamed up with Bed Bath and Beyond for a second time. New patterns have been released across Canada July 2015
- President and Creative Director Ami McKay Design residential and hospitality interior design firm
- Received the Woman of Distinction award for business
- Leo nominated host and interior designer for HGTV's Makeover Wish seasons 2006 and 2007
- Launched PURE by Ami McKay line of bedding exclusively offered at Bed Bath and Beyond throughout Canada
- Founder and designer of a 100% sustainable Eco chic furniture line Labeled PURE Design Inc
- PURE Design Inc. products were featured at the 60th annual Emmy's 1st 100% sustainable gifting party held in Hollywood, California
- National and international public speaking engagements on healthy and inspirational design